N: Almost any British pub which claims to be traditional will serve poached nectarine in summer with some ice-cream. It is a good way to eat nectarines specially those ones which come with “ripen at home” tag.
– Store the nectarines in a dry warm dark place to soften them up.
– Cut the nectarine into halves and de-seed. This step can be tricky especially if the nectarine is not ripe.
– Put a pinch of butter and 1 tsp of brown soft sugar in a sauté pan. Heat it up and add a touch of cinnamon.
– Press the flat side of the nectarines on the caramelized butter.
– Turn down the heat and cover it up. Add a few drops of water. The nectarine will cook in the steam.
– After about 5 mins turn the nectarines. The flat side should be nice and brown by this time.
– Cook for another couple of minutes.
– Serve the fruit with its flat side up and use the hole left by the seed to hold the caramelized butter.