N: This is a lovely savoury crêpe for those mornings when you may not feel like a sweet crêpe. It can also be a quick summer lunch like the French serve it in their ubiquitous crêpe places.
– Soak 1/2 cup of fine corn meal flour with 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of water. Add about 2 tbsp of fine semolina to increase the crispiness.
– Soak it overnight for better consistency but if not an hour will do.
– Add an egg to the mixture.
– Spice it with 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 2 tsp of onion seeds, a pinch of ajwain and a small amount of grated ginger.
– Chop up half of a small onion and add to the mixture. It is important to cut the onion into very small pieces.
– Add a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
– Serve it with tamarind sauce.